Pay Range: Targeted starting pay is $25.45 to $29.27
Posting Close Date: 2/7/14
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Please note: All postings will close at 4:00pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Please Note: This position requires candidates complete testing in addition to your application. The test information will be emailed to all candidates once the position closes. Candidates MUST complete the testing by the deadline in order to be further considered in the selection process. Information on the testing will be emailed to candidates within 24 hours after the posting closes. Please check your email regularly.
Enjoy challenges? We've got a career for you!
The Utility Field Collector applies independent judgment in analyzing the account status, current conditions and internal guidelines to remedy delinquent utility accounts. In this role, you will also accept payments and make payment arrangements, discontinue electric, gas, and water services, and reconnect electric service. Your duties also include the inspection of properly metered utilities, checking for proper installation, damage, tampering, and wear. This position includes extensive in person customer interaction thus requires excellent communication, conflict management and customer service skills
Normal 40 hour week core hours are M-F 7:30 - 4:30 however shifts may rotate to include working as late as 7PM and periodic 10 hour days.
* Collecting customer payments on-site
* Coordinating and negotiating customer payment arrangements
* Disconnecting, reconnecting, and installing utility meters
* Driving motor vehicles to customer locations
* Updating and maintaining customer accounts
* Reviewing and analyzing meter malfunctions
* Utilizing hand tools and related equipment to install and test meters
* Complying with the safety and health program in support of an incident and injury free workplace
* Interacting with customers and resolving complex customer issues in a professional manner on a daily basis
* Investigate and determine responsible party for utility theft of electric, gas, and water
* Operating honestly, ethically and with integrity while maintaining confidentiality
Education and Experience: Most people in this occupation would have completed a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (G.E.D.) and would have one to two years customer service or credit/collections experience. Strong conflict management skills is a must. The successful candidate must be able to successfully pass the Self Contained Metering training within the first six months after hire.
Typical Licensing/Certification: Valid Colorado Driver's License.
Please Note: This position is under the U.S. Department of Transportation. As a result, the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a drug test prior to appointment/reassignment and continual random drug and alcohol testing.
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…