This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Pay Range: Target starting range is $88,639 to $111,500
Posting Close Date:
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Please note: All postings will close at 4:00pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Colorado Springs Utilities is looking for an experienced professional to help us achieve our vision for reliable, competitive utility services. We implement established, best-of-breed technologies to meet our customer's needs. Join us to contribute ideas and solutions in a collaborative, empowering environment.
The Applications Lead builds and supports technical solutions through analysis, design, development, integration, implementation, maintenance and complex troubleshooting of both in-house developed and purchased systems. Customer focus includes HR, Finance, Safety & Health, Meter Shop, Project Office, and Enterprise Training.
Why should you apply? This position will reward you with intellectually challenging work, including complex professional-level architecture, analysis, design, development, and support of web-based solutions.
What will it take to be successful in this position?
- Provide expert domain knowledge and skill for development and support best practices
- Lead the design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and support of in-house solutions
- Produce and review construction artifacts including architecture and design diagrams, working code, test plans, test results, standards, and processes
- Coordinate failover exercises and business recovery procedures
- Manage customer relationships in and outside IT
- Provide team leadership, guidance & coaching
- Evaluate and estimate technologies, solutions, and projects
- Perform strategic research and recommendations
- Ensure compliance with our enterprise ITIL framework including Change & Release processes
- Oversee and assist with production incidents to ensure appropriate resolution and escalation
- Clearly and concisely communicate information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Represent the IT Department in enterprise projects
Demonstrated expertise in the design, implementation and integration of web-based software applications. A bachelor's degree in computer technology or a closely related field is desired. The ideal candidate must have experience with:
- Visual Studio (ASP.NET, C#.NET, VB.NET, MVC and other current design patterns).
- Database languages (Microsoft T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL)
Additional applicable skills include:
- Security implementation (encryption, certificates, access controls)
- Microsoft Azure / App Fabric
- SharePoint, InfoPath
- Java, JDBC, Eclipse
- Hyperion Intelligence (Brio Query, SQR)
- Windows Server / IIS Administration
Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community and tap into the power of your potential!
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
If you have applied with us before, please login before applying.